POTABLE WATER AND FOOD CONTACT
Cardolite offers a variety of curing agents and resins suitable for specialty coatings that require potable water and food contact approvals. Regulations, tests and performance requirements for these coatings vary by country and region. In some countries, it is possible to get approval for coating raw materials (like curing agents) based on their compositions. Other countries may only consider test results of the cured paint and not issue approvals on individual raw materials. In both situations, Cardolite is committed to working directly with customers and government agencies around the world to help with the homologation process.
Cardolite supplies phenalkamines, epoxy modifiers, and polyols that comply with the following norms:
- FDA Title 21 CFR 175.300 for Resinous and Polymeric Coatings
- EU Food Contact Regulation EU 10/2011
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for Drinking Water System Components
- KTW, Kunststoffe und Trinkwasser
- Brochure n°1227 Circulaire DGS/VS 4 n° 2000-232 du 27 avril 2000
- BS 6920/2000 (United Kingdom Water Regulations Advisory Scheme, WRAS)
- Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) for use in Public Water Supply in the United Kingdom
For a complete list of approved products by country, please contact your sales representative.