Account Manager – North America
Cardolite Corporation provides the world with innovative chemistry derived from cashew nutshell liquid (CNSL), a sustainable, non-food chain biomaterial with chemical features that are useful in protective coatings, composites, adhesives, foam, and friction applications. To assist with growing our business, Cardolite is looking to hire an account manager to develop new markets opportunities for CNSL in North America.
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing sales that align with Cardolite’s market strategies for existing markets with particular focus on growing sales in new markets and new applications. This position will interface directly with existing and target customers, and with strategic distributors that will assist with market development.
- Be primary contact in making product recommendations and handling customer technical questions.
- Deliver marketing and technical support to distributors and direct accounts.
- Translate growth plan into sales goals for key accounts and distributors.
- Negotiate pricing with existing key accounts.
- Analyze the current market dynamics and react accordingly.
- Provide Marketing with feedback on competition, product performance gaps, pricing issues, etc.
- Develop new product ideas and discuss with Marketing and R&D.
- Identify new markets/applications for existing or potential new products.
- Supporting market launch for new products.
- Maintain awareness of changes in market characteristics which could impact strategic plans.
- Develop training presentations and programs with Marketing to train sales and distributors.
- Visit key accounts, direct customers, and distributors for new product introductions, technical reviews, training and presentations
- Attend and do presentations at regional coatings society meetings and trade shows.
- Manage, assess, and communicate customer technical complaints internally and the corrective action externally.
- Strong technical background. A Master’s or engineering degree with a chemical background is desirable.
- A strong understanding of business, marketing principles, pricing and margin analysis, and affinity for creating new business.
- At least 5 years sales experience in a similar or related chemical business is preferred.
- On a personal level, you are an entrepreneur with a make-it-happen attitude who works autonomously, able to function in a team atmosphere and driven by company values and results. Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Language knowledge: English. (Additional language knowledge is considered a plus).
- Travel time is estimated at +/- 50%.
- Cardolite offers you the opportunity to further develop your potential in an international organization, the challenge of business development and actual career opportunities in the company. The salary package is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information you are free to contact us. Your application will be handled professionally and strictly confidential.