Research Scientist (2)
Cardolite Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and developer of products based on annually renewable Cashew Nutshell Liquid technology. We are seeking a scientist to work on new product development at the R&D headquarters in Bristol, PA. Main job activities include developing and designing new functional monomers and polymers mainly for polyurethane Coatings, Adhesives, and Foam applications; modification and performance enhancement of existing product formulations; scaling up of new products from laboratory scale to pilot to plant production; and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Recommend and perform short- and long-term research assignments related to new product development, product characterization and laboratory testing.
- Lead product transfer from laboratory scale to production scale.
- Generate and turn creative ideas into new, practical, value-added projects.
- Display problem solving skills by generating new ideas and/or creatively applying existing technology.
- Understand internal and external customers’ needs and provide solutions through existing or new products technologies.
- Develop and communicate technical information within and outside of R&D, through detailed documentation of research, presentations and scientific reports.
- Acquire knowledge of multiple product technologies.
- Lead routine development projects with no supervision.
- MS or PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry with 2 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Good understanding of structure-property relationship of polymers (especially polyurethanes), polymer synthesis, modification, and product characterizations.
- Synthetic experience in developing polyols and diols for use in solvent, solventless and waterbased 1K and 2K polyurethane coatings, adhesive, composites and foam applications is desired.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in use of Design of Experiments software tools for systematic approach to solve complex problems.
- Can identify patterns, provide new and creative ideas and persuade peers based on solid evidence and rigorous analyses.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for correcting problems and addressing underlying customer needs.
- Self-motivated to participate in functions beyond the scope of required duties.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers.
This position will report to the Vice President of Global R&D and is located at the Bristol, PA Cardolite Corporate headquarters.
Please send, your application letter together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org