Research Scientist Job Description:
Cardolite Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and developer of products based on annually renewable Cashew Nutshell Liquid technology. We are seeking a scientist to work on new product development at the R&D headquarters in Bristol, PA. Main job activities include developing and designing new functional monomers and polymers suitable for Coatings, Adhesives, Foam and Composite applications, modification and performance enhancement of existing product formulations, scaling up of new products from laboratory scale to pilot to plant production and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Recommend and perform short- and long-term research assignments related to new product development, product characterization and laboratory testing.
- Lead product transfer from laboratory scale to production scale.
- Generate and turn creative ideas into new, practical, value-added projects.
- Display problem solving skills by generating new ideas and/or creatively applying existing technology.
- Understand internal and external customers’ needs and provide solutions through existing or new products technologies.
- Develop and communicate technical information within and outside of R&D, through detailed documentation of research, presentations and scientific reports.
- Acquire knowledge of multiple product technologies.
- Lead routine development projects with no supervision.
- MS or PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry with 0 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Good understanding of structure-property relationship of polymers, polymer synthesis, modification, and product characterizations.
- Synthetic experience in making glycidyl ethers, polyols, polyamides and polyamines for coatings, adhesive, composites and foam applications are desired.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in use of Design of Experiments software tools for systematic approach to solve complex problems.
- Can identify patterns, provide new and creative ideas and persuade peers based on solid evidence and rigorous analyses.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for correcting problems and addressing underlying customer needs.
- Self-motivated to participate in functions beyond the scope of required duties.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers.
This position will report to the Vice President of Global R&D and is located at the Bristol, PA Cardolite Corporate headquarters.
Please send, your application letter together with your resume to email@example.com