Performs on-time application testing, performance evaluation, data analysis and prepares technical reports of various products. Provides technical support including product recommendation, formulation support or troubleshooting for sales teams and customers. Works closely with new product development and customer support.
- Independently conducts application testing of various products according to standard test methods or coating experiments designed by others.
- Properly operates all the equipment and lab apparatus in a safe and clean manner.
- Accurately records, organizes and communicates results/data from experiments and testing.
- Performs necessary analysis of data, draws conclusions based on testing results and makes recommendations of products for customers.
- Effectively participates in troubleshooting and technical support for sales team and customers.
- Properly maintains lab areas, storage areas and equipment.
- Responsible for following all applicable waste handling procedures.
- May provide technical training to others.
- Recommends and performs short and long term research assignments related to new product development, characterization and laboratory testing.
- BS degree (or higher) in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science and/or relevant industrial experience.
- Strong laboratory skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to follow all safety, environmental and regulatory policies and conduct tests and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Requires an aptitude to use and maintain sensitive test equipment.
- Ability to effectively work on individual efforts with moderate supervision and in a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, reporting of test results in documentation.
- Work experience in coatings/adhesive industries is preferred.
This position will report to the Technical Service Manager and it is located at the R&D facility in Bristol, PA.
Please send, your application letter together with your resume to email@example.com