Cardolite Corporation, the leading manufacturer of products based of natural and renewable Cashew Nut Shell Liquid technology, seeks a Scientist to work on new product development at its Corporate R&D location in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey. Key activities include developing and designing new functional monomers and polymers suitable for Coatings, Adhesives, Foam and Composite applications, modification and performance enhancement to existing product formulations, scaling up of new products from laboratory scale to pilot to plant production and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Recommends and performs short and long term research assignments related to new product development, characterization and laboratory testing.
- Implement product scale-up from laboratory to production
- Reduce creative ideas in to new, practical, value added projects.
- Able to display problem solving skills by generating new ideas and creatively applying existing technology
- Understand internal and external customers’ needs and provide solutions through new product development and recommending existing products
- Develop and communicate technical information, within and outside of R & D, through detailed documentation of research, presentations and scientific reports
- Acquire knowledge of multiple product technologies
- Lead routine development projects with no supervision
- MS or PhD in Organic Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry with 4 to 10 years of industry experience
- Good understanding of structure-property relationship of polymers, polymer synthesis, modification, and product characterizations.
- Synthetic experience in making glycidyl ethers, polyols, polyamides and polyamines for coatings, adhesive, composites and foam applications are desired
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in use of Design of Experiments software tools for systematic approach to solve complex problems
- Can identify patterns, provide new and creative ideas and persuade peers based on solid evidence and rigorous analyses
- Ability to take personal responsibility for correcting problems and addressing underlying customer needs
- Personally motivated to participate in functions beyond the scope of required duties.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers
This position will report to Vice President, Global R&D and is located at the R&D facility in Bristol, PA.
Please send, your application letter together with your resume to email@example.com